Thursday, April 30, 2009
2. Warm spring downpours.
3. The message in the Dove Promise I just ate: "Simply be, rather than do, for a moment."
4. Knowing my superiors appreciate the work I do.
5. Mary Alice, West Coast Angel, and everyone else who lifts me up when I start sinking. You are the wind beneath my wings.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Welcome to my theme song...how awesome is the dancing in this video?
Himself IM'd me a couple days ago. I had made myself visible to him but I was completely shocked that he said hi, since he said that he would respect my decision to end things and wouldn't contact me. Honestly, I just wanted him to see my face there if he logged in (yeah, I know, warped...). Maybe he took my visiblity as an opening, I don't know. It was just a short "hi, how are you," catching up conversation. At the end he said that he misses me and said "don't be a stranger."
I want so badly to be able to be his friend, since that's what he needs right now. I don't know if I can. I feel so strongly that our story isn't over but I don't know how to go forward from here. I'm trying to not think about it too much (HA!!) and just let it unfold, trying to listen to the little God voice in my head.
Right now, I am just glad that he misses me enough that he initiated a conversation.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
1. Music. It has the ability to soothe, energize, elicit many emotions, and always gets a deep reaction from me. (On the radio right now: Here Comes the Sun...lol)
2. A facile, capable brain. I'm a smart girl...most of the time. hee.
3. Daily improvement of my knee. I threw away the cane last week and yesterday stepped up the two steps into my house without pain.
4. Words. I like them individually and collectively. I am awed by those who can string beautiful words together to make even more beautiful sentences and paragraphs.
5. Violets are popping up all over my yard. Most people see them as weeds but I love them. Wild violets are delicate but hardy - like me.
Friday, April 3, 2009
2. Hershey's Hugs. I love those things to an inappropriate level.
3. Letting the tears fall when they come. It's good for me.
4. Feeling my hair slide across my neck. I am so glad that two years ago I decided to grow it out and stuck with it. Another few months and it will be the length I want.
5. Hearing the pre-school kids next door shriek and laugh while they are playing outside. Taking a moment to turn around and watch them.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
1. My uncle once: told me an inappropriate dirty joke.
2. Never in my life: will I give birth. I’m 95% ok with that now.
3. When I was five: I quit sucking my thumb.
4. High School was: busy and so much fun.
5. I will never forget: when Mary Alice screeched to a halt, without saying a word, on the side of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
6. I once met: Barry Manilow – the skinniest man I have ever seen.
7. There’s this girl I know who: just wants everyone to be happy.
8. Once, at a bar: I almost fainted from being overheated.
9. By noon, I’m usually: fed up with my office mates.
10. Last night: I listened to God instead of talking to Him. That’s hard to do.
11. If only I had: the balls to do what I really want to do with regard to Himself. (Um, self? See #40…sigh.)
12. Next time I go to church: I will focus more.
13. The Octomom: needs help. In so many ways.
14. What worries me most: is living the rest of my life without someone to love.
15. When I turn my head left, I see: an office mate’s “wall.”
16. When I turn my head right, I see: a plant I tried to kill by bringing it to the office on the coldest, most bitter day of the year but it has flourished and is threatening to take over my desk.
17. You know I’m lying when: you ask how I am and I say ‘ok.’ Any other response is the truth but “I’m ok” means I’m not but I don’t want to discuss it with you.
18. What I miss most about the eighties: the real Michael Jackson.
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be: Portia in the Merchant of Venice.
20. By this time next year: my hair will be longer. And maybe blonde.
21. A better name for me would be: Lydia. OK, maybe that's not a better name but it is my favorite. A better name would be something like "You're Kidding Me, Right?" but that's a bit awkward in everyday situations.
22. I have a hard time understanding: why people are unnecessarily mean to others.
23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: quit work and go to school full time to graduate faster.
24. You know I like you if: I seek you out.
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: my BFF, Mary Alice.
26. Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: I think so, yes, not so much, nah.
27. Take my advice, never: skip an opportunity to say “I love you.”
28. My ideal breakfast is: a McSkillet Burrito and sweet tea. BTW, I need an intervention. This is a cry for help.
29. A song I love, but do not own is: “At Last,” sung by Etta James.
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: the deep dish pizza at Papa Del’s.
31. Tulips, character flaws, microchips, & track stars: No, natch, necessary, stars??
32. Why won’t people: take more chances? (Sweet mother of God, self – see #40!)
33. If you spend the night at my house: I will want to cook something decadent for you.
34. I’d stop my wedding for: uhhh…ok, maybe I’m seriously self-centered but I can’t think of anything that couldn’t wait for a 15 minute celebration of love.
35. The world could do without: Skittles and dryer lint.
36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: bungee jump.
37. My favorite blonde is: Dennis Quaid. Hubba hubba.
38: Paper clips are more useful than: nose hair.
39. If I do anything well, it’s: see the other person’s point of view.
40. And by the way: as Virgil said, fortune favors the bold.