Monday, February 2, 2009

Tagged

SheShe tagged me:

I-L-L -- I-N-I

This is a shot of the Illinois - Penn State football game in October 2007. Yes, that is the 50 yard line straight ahead and I was only about 20 rows up. I lucked into the ticket the day before and was so excited to go! Because it was so last minute, I didn't get a chance to tell the guy I was sort of involved with that I was going, so I took this picture with my cell phone and sent it to him. No message, just the picture. He texted me back:

Tall One: you're there, aren't you?
Me: yes
Tall One: you are SO off my Christmas card list!

It was a big win for Illinois, one of the games that put them on the road to the Rose Bowl (which they tanked, but that's another story) and I had such a good time.

Coming across this picture was bittersweet. The Tall One is the addict I've mentioned a couple of times. We were romantically involved on and off throughout 2007 and it was real roller coaster for me. This picture reminds me of a time when we were very close and I was happy. A few months after this, the Tall One made a decision that ended any romantic hopes I had with him and that eventually led to his relapse. He is trying to stay clean and we are still friends but it's a much different relationship now.

Now, I'm tagging:
Green Girl
Barbed and Wired
MichelleSG at Just Had to Do It
and
Mrs. G at Derfwad Manor (because I'm sure she'll need inspiration when she gets her new site up and running. She won't have anything better to do, right? OK, fine...I just worship her bloghighness)

Here are the rules:
1. Go to the 4th picture folder on your computer.
2. Post the 4th picture in that folder.
3. Explain the picture
4. Tag 4 more bloggers.

3 comments:

  1. Cool now I just need to pick between the 50 bazillion pic folders on my overstuffed desktop, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun--your story was really cool though, and I've NO idea what is in my 4th folder--tomorrow we'll find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool idea. It's neat when people share things about themselves that they wouldn't normally think to share, all because of a tag and a picture. I like the picture and the story! But I am sorry about your friend. Addictions are terrible things, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete