Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I have become comfortably numb

Mostly, anyway. Surgery went well - I'm home from the hospital and just starting to remember the "joys" of physical therapy. It's no wonder I don't remember very much about this period from the first time around - this first two weeks sucks golfballs. I am, as one of my wonderful professors put it, staying "delightfully sedated" as much as possible.

Things with Mom are...ok. She is, as are so many of her generation, judgmental and not very open to other points of view, which includes clothing styles and especially (oddly) hair styles! If I had a nickel for every time she has already said, "I don't like her hair," I could afford to hire a caretaker. I bite my tongue and remind myself that she is here by choice and that she wants to take care of me.

Himself has called almost every day to see how I'm doing. He's been sweet, sweet, sweet again the last couple of weeks and of course I am soaking it up.

I haven't seen Mary Alice in almost three weeks!! She and Brick went to Florida for two weeks and now she's dealing with a complication from her ankle surgery so she can't come over. We talk and IM every day, natch, but I miss my best girl!

Thank you so much, all of you who sent good wishes. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and it has made me so happy to read your comments and emails through the narcotic haze.

Time for a Vicodin and a nap - later, dudes.

11 comments:

  1. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we share a Mom.

    You probably know from your other knee that the harder you work in PT, the better the outcome.
    Here's to good meds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are home... hoping for a speedy recover. We have missed u!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a speedy recover, and a not too painful stint in PT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to quick healing, a mother's silence, Himself's attentiveness and easy physical therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Testing, 1,2...I came by here the other day and left you the most beautiful, elequent, thought provoking comment and your bolg was all , "meh. don't like it. not using it." and flat out REFUSED to post my comment! Seriously. I tried submitting it something like a gazillion times. Anyway, I hope your recovery is going well and that your mom doesn't drive you crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um...not your "bolg." Your "blog." Although your blog was such a huge jerk to me the other day that it actually deserves to be called some names. Yeah...screw you "bolg." Also, I don't like your bolg's hair. HA!

    ReplyDelete