Monday, March 7, 2011

Since I Been Gone *

Since the last time I wrote, I

...cried a million tears (Like I predicted, our story is not over. But it is on pause.)

...hosted a Superbowl party (The neighbors complained about the noise. College students. At 8:35 p.m. What is this world coming to?)

...flew to the East Coast and back (Don't get me started on baggage fees.)

...danced more than I have danced in years (I'm considering a new life as "that weird old lady who hangs out at the club and dances all by herself".)

...drank some whisky (My life doesn't have enough whisky in it.)

...spent the night in the Minneapolis airport (Why does the tram announcement voice have a British accent?)

...hosted an Academy Awards party (Girls only. We ate, we gossiped, we critiqued the dresses. It was fantastic.)

...lost four pounds (Funny how that happens when one starts paying attention to what and how much one puts in one's mouth.)

Life is good.



*bastardization of Kelly Clarkson's Since You Been Gone

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that life is good! Keep dancing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PARTIES for VIOLET! This? This post made my whole WEEK. YAY for you! (Getting yelled at by the neighbors? Really?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll come dance with you so you won't be dancing with yourself. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!!!

    SO happy to hear your life is good!

    hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete